Day 3 10/20/13
- Advanced two ball dribbling (see below): Players worked on advanced dribbling drills that included alternating two ball dribbling, windshield wipers, zig zags, and even our two-ball switch drill with a partner (see video below). The two player switch drill is one of the advanced drills we worked on this week.
- Players also worked on advanced one ball dribbling drills for the first time this week. They learned how to dribble behind their back with Haley Wilis. This is a great way to cross over without putting the ball in front of the defender (see below). Players also worked on spin moves at this station.
- Advanced two-ball drills included windshield wipers (see below)
- Assistant Coach Rich DeMarco worked on triple threat, ball fakes, and step around passing at one of his stations this week (below).
- Captain Sue Rose reviewed back door cuts with the players and taught them when it is a good time to make a back door cut.
- Varsity player Julia Fibbe taught players proper shooting form
Daily Demonstration: 5-spot shooting
Camp closed out with our Hot Spot shooting competition and Camper of the Day presentation. The Hot Spot Shooting Competition had three finalists. The finalists were Lauren Flynn, Alexis Donovan, and Cecily Szady. Cecily defeated Alexis Donovan in overtime in a great competition. Cecily received an award certificate and Rising Stars wristband. Our camper of the day award went to a player that has attended both of our camps. Kailee Whelan has done a great job at our camps and improved each day. She did a great job in our box out drills and has really worked on our her shooting form in our drills.
We plan on even more advanced drills at our camp next week and another great competition! The coaches and I are looking forward to it!
Hard work beats talent, if talent fails to work hard